Becoming a Christian is the most important decision anyone can ever make. What does the Bible say about becoming a Christian?
- God loves you.
1 John 4:10
- Sin separates you from God.
- Sin is choosing my way instead of God's way.
- Sin separates people from God.
- God sent Jesus so you would not have to die for your sin. Jesus died on the cross, He was buried, and He rose from the dead.
How to Become a Christian
- Admit to God that you are a sinner
(Romans 3:23; Romans 6:23).
- Repent, turning away from your sin
(Acts 3:19; 1 John 1:9).
- Believe that Jesus is God's Son and accept God's gift of forgiveness from sin
(Romans 5:8; Acts 4:12; John 3:16; John 14:6; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 1:11-13).
- Confess your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
Is it time for you to become a Christian?
I know I have sinned and that my sin separates me from You. I am sorry for my sin. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me so my sin can be forgiven. I believe Jesus rose from the dead and is alive.
God, please forgive me. I ask Jesus to come into my life and be my Savior and Lord. I will obey You and live for You the rest of my life.
Thank You. Amen.
Will you ever sin again?
- Yes. Everyone sins.
- When you do sin, ask God to forgive you and to help you obey Him. Ask Him! He will!
1 John 1:9
Will you ever have to become a Christian again?
- No. When you ask Jesus to be your Savior and Lord, salvation lasts forever.
- Remember this promise from God: